Pages

Have you visited The Great Baby QuestIt's my old blog with our back story and the journey to parenthood! Check it out before it's gone!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

RIP Maurice Sendak

"Oh please don't go, I'll eat you up, I love you so... " -Where the Wild Things Are..


R.I.P. Maurice Sendak, 83

Today author illustrator Maurice Sendak passed away after suffering a stroke. Although you may not recognize his name you do know his work. His most famous work is Where the Wild Things Are which was released in 1963 and is still as popular today as it was back then.

If you have a moment today poke around on google and see some of the other things that he has done. I had the great opportunity while working at Virgin Megastore to acquire a book about Maurice and his works and it has always been one of my treasured possessions.






 I guarantee you that we will be reading Where the Wild Things Are tonight for bed time. :)







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment