This one is more of a helpful product than a helpful hint. I know that everyone knows a box of baking soda in the freezer or fridge keeps nasty smells from over taking, but there are hundreds of other uses for this magic product. In fact I am convinced it is the *magic* in the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and the *power* in the Power of Oxy clean!
As a new mom I knew right away that I wanted to get my self one big box of baking soda for all sorts of strange stains and poopy booboos.... I have been through 2 large boxes in the 7 short months my lil bug has been here.
Here are a few things I use it for around my own house:
-Her nursery bedding was all bought second hand so it had a few stains. Not after a soak in baking soda water it didn't!
-The rug in her nursery was also second hand and boy was it a mess. After some baking soda mixed in to a paste along with some elbow grease that rug looks band new!
-Poopy Blow Outs, no explanation needed for this one really.
-Washing all those hand me downs.
Regular house hold things I use it for daily/weekly.
-Windex I love you but nothing takes off a big red sauce splat like a lil baking soda mixed in to a paste
-Stainless steel sinks, this will shine them right up.
-Shower heads, yup those too.
I have had issues with a water leak in one of our cars for a long time. it got to the point where the floor boards would be so wet and the car was starting to really stink! So I sprinkled baking soda all over the floorboards in the car and let them sit over night. vacuumed it out the next day. not only did it help with the smell but it lifted some of the stains right out with out me even having to scrub!
As you can see I could go on and on about this stuff.
Try it out for your self some time.
Here are a few links to some sites that give you ideas on what to use it for. For example did you know it will put out a fire? Amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment